Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Birthday donation 2013 - October 6th

As some may know - for the past couple of years, I've been making a donation to a charity on my birthday.  I would count all the birthday wishes I would get on Twitter and Facebook and would then decide the amount of $$ depending on the number of wishes I got.

In 2010 it was a donation to buy some Lee DeWyze CDs for children stuck in the hospital over Christmas time.  It was a HIT!!!

In 2011, I made a donation for pancreatic cancer research.

In 2012 it was much more personal.  I made a donation towards prostate cancer research in honor of my father who had just been diagnosed with it.  I am happy to say that treatment has worked and he is doing well.

This year, I turn 40 on October 6th.  I decided to add a little  something different.

I will make a personal donation in my usual way - that is counting all my tweets and facebook birthday wishes and I will donate for every wish I get.  Also, if I get celebrity / semi-celebrity birthday tweets - I will also give a larger amount. ;)   AHEM Chris Phillips, Lee DeWyze and others :)

On top of that, I'm also having a small get together with friends for my birthday at Big Rig Kitchen and Brewery and I have asked the guests to bring a donation for Candlelighters.  They work to provide different support programs for families struck by childhood cancers.  This is such a FANTASTIC and IMPORTANT organization.  I know of families who have used their services and it's so appreciated.  Please visit their website for more information on what they do and all their different programs. 

I hope you all will help me break my bank account on October 6th. :)

Thank you for your support :)

Julie / @Flip_4




No comments:

Post a Comment