Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year, New Project


I read a blog post by Gail Vaz-Oxlade the other day about how she taught herself to knit one day to keep herself busy and to keep her brain active.  I decided that I would do the same thing.

 My new project is crochet.  I learned how to about 30 years ago in grade school and we made an octopus.  That was my one and only crochet project and it was for 2 months when I was 9.  Needless to say, I was not an expert when I stopped and so I was starting as if I’d never done it before.

Last night, I went to Walmart and bought a nice little “How to crochet” kit and some yarn.  When I got home, I managed to crochet a square by using a simple “Single crochet stitch”.  It’s an odd looking square because I wasn’t counting the stitches and actually dropped some, but that’s ok.  As a newbie on the first night, I don’t think I did too badly.



For the rest of this year, I will be teaching myself how to crochet.  My book and youtube are wonderful learning tools.

I’d love to crochet myself an afghan by the end of the year, but maybe a should start off smaller, like a scarf or dishrags ;).

In the meantime, I’ll continue making little squares with the different stitches I will be learning and then I’ll learn to read a crochet a pattern.  Then I’ll consider the afghan.

All this from going on a financial advice site. 

You never where you will find inspiration.

I’ll keep you posted on my progress

Til next time…Julie/@Flip_4

No comments:

Post a Comment