Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

High School Dances

Do you remember going to your first dance?  It could have been back in Junior High or High School.  Do you remember your first slow dance?

I was discussing this with a friend the other day.  I remember going to dances in Junior High and all the boys would be on one side and the girls on the other.  The only time they would mingle was for slow dances. They were usually held in the cafeteria or the gym at my school.

I can't remember my first slow dance in Junior High, but there is one dance that I am pretty sure I will never forget.  It was in High School and I had a "crush" on this one cute boy at school.  He was a friend of mine, but I had never admitted the "crush" to him.  Of course, in 9th grade, just how good are you at hiding these things anyway?:

A song came on and he came over and asked me to dance.  I'm pretty sure he was convinced by our mutual friends, but who cares really.  The song?  "Love Bites" by Def Leppard.  How happy was I to be dancing with my crush that day?  I couldn't believe I was actually dancing with him, and I was in heaven for the rest of the night...and then some.

To this day, whenever I hear the song, I remember that boy.  Yes, I do remember his name, but that's going to remain my secret. ;)

Tell me about your first slow dance, or just your most memorable one.

Off I go now to listen to Love Bites.



Julie / @Flip_4




No comments:

Post a Comment