Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

NHL Hockey...or not

I am a HUGE hockey fan...the Sens to be precise.  LOVE them.  I've had season tickets in one form or another for the past 12+ years.  Before that I attended as many games as I could.

Prior to the Sens, I was a Habs fan and will never forget the first NHL game I attended when I was about 15 at the old forum.  It was amazing.

I can't remember my life without hockey in it.  It's always been a part of it whether I liked it or not (which I honestly did not for a while). 

Now what this lockout has succeeded in doing, is make me question why I spend so much money on NHL season tickets. 

I've been keeping busy with other things for the past month waiting for hockey to start.  I thought I would be bored, but as much as I do miss it, I've easily found other things that interest me to replace the hockey.

It's really hard for me to say this, but should I really keep my season tickets?  A year ago, that wouldn't have even been a question, but I've found so many other things I could be spending that money on and not having the hockey to occupy my time, it's making it harder for me to justify anymore.

Of course, knowing myself, I likely would not cancel my season tickets and will come back full time once the season starts, whenever that may be.  This lockout has just got me thinking of some of the fun I'm missing outside hockey due to all that money tied up in hockey tickets.

The NHL and NHLPA should really find a solution soon because if a HUGE hockey fan like myself is getting distracted from hockey, the casual fan just might not be back.  That's a lot of money teams will be losing.

Now that I've rambled enough...I hope hockey comes back and soon...otherwise, I might just go on the NKOTB cruise ;).

Good night
Julie / @Flip_4

1 comment:

  1. Julie I am with you, I agree 100%. We are having the same thoughts but like you we will probably go back and "forget". Grrrrrrhhh!

    ReplyDelete