While surfing the net, I noticed that a lot of people have been talking about their bucket lists lately. I don't know why this is happening all of a sudden, but it got me wondering about it.
I never did have an official "bucket list" before so I thought I would maybe make one now. As I was listing these things on paper, I noticed that the list was quite long. In order to not bore you to death, I will give you a list of 25 of the things I would like to do, in no particular order.
1. I want to learn how to ice skate and skate on the ice at ScotiaBank Place...preferably with the members of the Ottawa Senators ;). I know, it's pathetic how such a huge hockey fan can't skate. Well, I can't so deal with it. :)
2. I would love to learn how to swim. Yes, I can get by in a pool and such, but I never did learn how to REALLY swim and I think that would be a good thing.
3. Run a 5K. That might sound easy to some, but I don't run unless it means running from the hockey rink to my car after a Sens game. Heck, I don't exercise at all...which brings me to the next one.
4. Get in shape / Lose weight. I really SHOULD stop talking about it and actually DO something, but I have yet to get around to that. Anyone want to be my free personal trainer?? Hehehe.
5. Follow the Ottawa Senators during a full NHL season. No, I am not a stalker. I would just love to spend a season going to all the games they play, including playoffs. (obviously not this year)
6. Go to Australia for 6 months. Come on now, it's Australia. There shouldn't be an explanation necessary.
7. Go on a ride along with a NASCAR Driver at a racetrack. I'm thinking this one would scare me to death, but it's something I would absolutely LOVE doing. If the NASCAR driver happens to be Jeff Gordon, now that would be an added bonus ;)
8. See a show on Broadway. Not picky here - any good show will do :)
9. Travel across Canada by train. This would probably be a year long trip. I'd fly out to Vancouver and visit for a while, then take the train from place to place. I'd make my way across the entire country and really "experience" Canada.
10. Travel to Europe. I would LOVE to visit all of Europe and one long trip seems to be the best way to do that.
11. Learn to sing. For the people that don't know me - I CAN'T sing, not even a little bit. I'd love to learn how to sing, just for myself.
12. Learn to play an instrument well. I've taken guitar lessons and was in the school bands in school playing the flute, but I don't believe that I have ever really mastered an instrument.
13. Publish a short story. Just a dream :)
14. Go to the Daytona 500. I have been to 5 NASCAR races already and they are amazing. But I would love to go to the Daytona 500 and see all of the events associated with those 10 days.
15. Super Bowl. Who wouldn't love to see the Super Bowl Live?...and I'm not even much of an NFL fan :)
16. Go to a Formula One Race I'm a fan of racing and seeing those cars live would surely be spectacular.
17. Go to the Indianapolis 500 See above :)
18. Watch the Stanley Cup being won live. Of course I would love for the Ottawa Senators to be the ones winning the Stanley Cup, but just witnessing a team winning the ultimate championship in their sport must be exciting. I watched the Ottawa 67's win the Memorial Cup in 1999 and was on a high for DAYS.
19. Build my dream house. I am in the process of buying my first house now, but I would love to someday design and build my dream home.
20. Go watch a week of taping at Young and the Restless. I have been watching that show since I was 8 (almost 30 years now). It would be fantastic to go watch how they tape the show. I would prefer it if there was lots of Billy, Ronan and, Michael involved in the taping that week of course ;)
21. Ride in a helicopter I am insanely afraid of heights so it would be a miracle if someone were able to get me to climb aboard one, but I would love to.
22. Go to Hollywood I would love to see what Hollywood is all about. The Hollywood sign, the walk of fame, all of it.
23. Go to Las Vegas to see the Shania Twain show I absolutely LOVE Shania and I really want to go see her show. Hopefully she'll invite Cory Churko to join her for her shows ;)
24. Find my dream job Let's face it, I am not working at my deeam job currently. I would love to be able to figure out exactly what it is and then go after it.
25. Have a family (husband, kids) I have almost given up on that one, but the dream is still alive.
Many of these are dependent on my winning the lottery or marrying a rich man...but they are still things that I think about frequently.
What is on your bucket list? I'd love to see all the different things that people would put on theirs. Email me at email@example.com
Have a great day!!
Julie / @Flip_4